Collected New Art Songs
35 minutes; for Mezzo Soprano and Piano.
A collection of art songs for mezzo with piano accompaniment. Featuring the poetry of: Sylvia Plath, Emily Brontë, Elizabeth Barrett Browning, Edgar Allan Poe, E. E. Cummings, Walt Whitman, and an original text by the composer. With a flair for neo-romantic familiarity and a spice of jazz harmonies and rhythms, these pieces can be performed in any combination or order.
- Epitaph For Fire And Flower (text by Sylvia Plath)
- I Am The Only Being (text by Emily Brontë)
- If Thou Must Love Me (text by Elizabeth Barrett Browning)
- The Lake (text by Edgar Allan Poe)
- Possibility (text by the composer)
- Somewhere I Have Never Travelled (text by E. E. Cummings)
- Time To Come (text by Walt Whitman)